Preparing Professionals for Athletic and Administration Leadership
At Ohio University, our students come first, which is why we’ve designed a learning environment with individual needs in mind. For more than 50 years, Ohio University has led the way in sports business education. We offer an Online Professional Master of Sports Administration program, ranked the best postgraduate sport business course in the world by SportBusiness Professional. The same world-renowned faculty teaches in our Online Master of Athletic Administration program, which is designed for aspiring athletic leaders like you who want to do more than build a strong athletic program.
We value your time, your personal responsibilities, and your plans for the future, and are committed to encouraging your professional growth with flexible, student-centered education. Regardless of whether you choose the Online MAA or the Professional MSA, the graduate education you receive from OHIO can prepare you for the challenges you will face in the K-12 interscholastic athletic administration and sport business worlds.
- Prepares you become a leader in interscholastic (K-12) athletic administration
- Complete coursework 100% online
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Graduate in as few as 1.5 years
- Curriculum fulfills NIAAA requirements earning you LTC credit through coursework
- The most established online athletic administration program, we believe in the strength of our curriculum, the expertise of our faculty, and the success you can experience as an athletic director after you graduate.
- Interact with your professors and peers during the on-campus Athletic Leadership Forum
- Your diploma will not indicate that this was an online program
- Designed for active sports management professionals working in collegiate and professional athletics
- Experience a blended format that allows you to complete your coursework virtually and build lifelong relationships as part of the legendary Bobcat network
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Graduate in as few as 21 months
- Ranked the best online PMSA program in the world by SportBusiness Professional
- Develop the skillset you need without interrupting your career through flexible, online curriculum that includes 5 in-person residencies
Other Sport Business Programs Offered at OHIO
“If you want to become an athletic director, you have to understand that it is a full commitment to sports, your district, and understanding that it is not a typical ‘go into school and then you leave school at the end of the day.’ No other institution can match the value that OHIO offers because of its history, legacy, and the resources it provides.”
— Angela Nadeau, Ohio University MAA Graduate
“To this day, my time with the PMSA program continues to have an enormous impact on both my personal and professional life. My initial intent when joining the program was to learn the tactical skills necessary to continue a successful career in sports- but I took away so much more. In addition to the lessons in leadership, I was exposed to real-time case studies from across all levels of sports business. However, the professional and personal relationships that I’ve gained hold the greatest value. This program has given me a network of individuals who want nothing more than to share their wisdom and see other Bobcats succeed.”
— David King, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, Minnesota Timberwolves & Lynx