Online Graduate Business Certificates
- Business Analytics Certificate
- Business Venturing & Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Finance Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- Management and Leadership Certificate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Strategic Sales and Sales Leadership Certificate
- Graduate Business Certificates FAQs
- Online Graduate Business Certificates Blog
Human Resources Management Certificate
This certificate addresses the need for a comprehensive understanding of the human resources value chain. This allows you to enable the optimal interface between human resource solutions and organizational needs, and deliver outstanding results through talent.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Recognize the intersection of business strategy and talent strategy to deliver optimal organizational results
- Align the human resources process and systems to achieve organizational synergies
- Identify the legal and reputational risks inherent in the human resources value chain and develop actions to prevent and mitigate them
- Become a key contributor in the strategic planning and management of human capital in your organization
- Enter the human resources field, expand your network, or pursue a higher or more strategic position in human resources
- Qualify for the 807,300 management occupation jobs predicted to be created between 2016 and 2026 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Prepare for roles in human resource management with an average salary of $75,792 (NACE)
Expected completion time: Three 7-week courses, 21 weeks or 1.5 semesters.
|MGT 5030||Employee Relations, Ethics & Legal Aspects of HRM||3 Credits|
This course examines the ramifications of ethical and legal issues between employers and their employees, unions, independent contractors and customers. The focus is on the role of the manager in ensuring both ethical practice and legal compliance in all areas of managing the human resources in an organization.
|MGT 5031||Talent Acquisition and Strategic Management||3 Credits|
This course is a deep dive into the strategic management aspects of talent acquisition, development and succession planning for organizational performance, sustainability and longevity. The course will examine talent management from the enterprise or macro firm perspective and then share specific processes and tools for delivering results. Through agile teaming, complex business cases and in-class conversations with talent management scholars and executives, students will investigate the essential contribution of talent for executing business strategy while ensuring individual, team and cultural alignment aspects. The course will utilize historical and modern perspectives of talent management, as well as numerous theories of human resource management and organizational behavior. For learning discovery, the course instructional design features a strong focus on team-based projects, consultative case analysis, simulations and in-class discussions to provide practical examples of effective and ineffective strategic talent management. Course content will be explored from both a personal perspective and a professional business manager, or human resource professional perspective.
|MGT 5032||Performance Management & Total Rewards||3 Credits|
In today's globally competitive environment, organizations are more focused than ever on delivering measurable results - at an enterprise, business unit, team, and individual level. Performance, compensation and benefit systems are critical to attracting, motivating, and rewarding highly talented employees. Developing a comprehensive, effective performance management and reward system is a critical Human Resource imperative.