FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate Business Certificates
How much is the tuition?
$825 per credit hour in-state
- Advanced Business Analytics (9 credits): $7,425
- Business Analytics (9 credits): $7,425
- Business Analytics Leadership (9 credits): $7,425
- Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship (9 credits): $7,425
- Finance (12 credits): $9,900
- Human Resources Management (9 credits): $7,425
- Management and Leadership (9 credits): $7,425
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (9 credits): $7,425
- Strategic Sales and Sales Leadership (9 credits): $7,425
$844 per credit hour out-of-state
- Advanced Business Analytics (9 credits): $7,596
- Business Analytics (9 credits): $7,596
- Business Analytics Leadership (9 credits): $7,596
- Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship (9 credits): $7,596
- Finance (12 credits): $10,128
- Human Resources Management (9 credits): $7,596
- Management and Leadership (9 credits): $7,596
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (9 credits): $7,596
- Strategic Sales and Sales Leadership (9 credits): $7,596
*Tuition and fees are subject to change
Does Ohio University offer scholarships?
Ohio University’s College of Business is proud to offer scholarships to those seeking to further their graduate education. If you are an Ohio University alumni; student veteran or active military; or corporate partner you are automatically eligible to receive an automatic $1,500 scholarship towards your first Online Graduate Business Certificate. Click here to learn more.
What does the tuition cover?
Tuition includes cost per credit hour, an instructional fee, a general fee, and a program fee.
What Graduate Business Certificates do you offer?
We offer 9 certificates:
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Leadership
- Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship
- Human Resources Management
- Management and Leadership
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Sales and Sales Leadership
How long does it take to complete a certificate?
Each Graduate Business Certificate can be completed in 1.5 to 2 semesters.
Can my certificate be applied to other Ohio University programs?
Certificates and credits can be applied toward programs like our Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Management (MSM).
Do any of the Graduate Business Certificates require the GMAT or GRE?
Ohio University Graduate Business Certificates do not require a GMAT or GRE for admission.
Do I have to log on at a specific time?
The majority of activities you engage in are asynchronous but on occasion, some courses will have live required lecture sessions. These sessions are kept to a minimum, and students will select which day and time works best for them. You also have the opportunity to participate in live virtual office hours that are strongly recommended and recorded for your convenience. Tests and quizzes are typically completed within a certain time frame.
What type of student support can I expect during the program?
At Ohio University, each student is assigned a personal Student Support Advisor who will be with you throughout your time in the program. To discuss the program’s structure and support in greater detail, contact our Enrollment Team.
Can I transfer credits in?
Transfer credits are not accepted for these certificates.
Are there any prerequisite courses needed?
Most of our programs do not require prerequisite courses; however, we will take your professional work experience into consideration. Successful completion of our Business Analytics certificate or our MBA program with a Business Analytics concentration is required to enroll in our Advanced Business Analytics certificate program.
How will I communicate with my professors?
Your professors will participate in the class discussion areas with you. Also, they will provide virtual office hours if you need individual attention.
What can I expect the coursework to be like?
You should expect that course work will be application based. You will learn based on real world scenarios and expect to apply them both in and outside of the classroom environment.
When I graduate, what will my diploma read?
Your diploma will read “Graduate Business Certificate.” Your diploma will not say the word “online.”
Are there campus visit requirements?
There are no campus visit requirements for any of the Graduate Business Certificates.