Online Graduate Business Certificates
- Business Analytics & Advanced Business Analytics Certificates
- Business Analytics Leadership Certificate
- Business Venturing & Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Executive Management for Healthcare Professionals Certificate
- Finance Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- Management and Leadership Certificate
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Certificate
- Strategic Sales and Sales Leadership Certificate
- Graduate Business Certificates FAQs
- Online Graduate Business Certificates Blog
Build and Grow Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
Gain an in-depth understanding of corporate entrepreneurship, venturing, and venture capital to better understand the details of a business or entrepreneurial venture. Students also develop competencies in industries that help map, build, and grow entrepreneurial ecosystems.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Describe how existing organizations can become entrepreneurial
- Construct a viable business model based on a business idea
- Create a business case for an idea or new corporate venture
- Effectively develop and launch a new business or product line
- Qualify for the 807,300 management occupation jobs expected to be created between 2016 and 2026 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Qualify for roles in business venturing with an average salary of $98,000 (NACE)
- Apply these nine credits toward our Online Master of Science in Management program
Expected completion time: Three 7-week courses, 21 weeks or 1.5 semesters.
|MGT 5070||Managing Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship||3 Credits|
This course focuses on how large organizations manage innovation, technology commercialization and entrepreneurship. Key activities and processes are explored in the class, including innovation management, research and development, technology commercialization, corporate entrepreneurship, incubation, corporate venturing and corporate venture capital. The class will also engage students in practical projects associated with innovation and entrepreneurship within companies.
|MGT 5071||Ideation, Concept Development and Business Models||3 Credits|
In this class students will learn how to use common tools and techniques to generate, validate and assess new venture ideas. The class will be principally practical focusing on ideation efforts and will engage students in a process of screening, validating and building new business concepts. Students in this class will learn how to use the business model canvas and other lean launch techniques to validate their business models. Critical skills, such as, pitching and selling concepts will also be acquired.
|MGT 5072||New Venture Creation||3 Credits|
Students will focus on detailed planning and validation of new ventures. This class will use a business planning format to engage student teams in industrial analysis, market research, sales and marketing planning, operations and financial planning for a new venture concept. Students will learn key aspects of venture planning and will acquire skills in business planning, market research and investment due diligence presentations and processes.