The Numbers Behind OHIO’s MCE Graduates
Pursuing a master’s degree in coaching education poses some serious questions. Is it worth the time commitment? Do I actually need this degree to become a coach? What can this program teach me that will be useful? To help provide some answers, we surveyed our graduates on a number of areas related to their experiences with the MCE degree.
To learn more, check out the information below created by the Ohio University online Master of Coaching Education program.
Add This Infographic to Your Site
<p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinemasters.ohio.edu/blog/the-numbers-behind-ohios-mce-graduates/"><img src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/utep-uploads/wp-content/uploads/sparkle-box/2018/11/28034331/OUMBAMAAMCE_280769555_MCE-OneSheeter_1810_Web-FINAL-1.jpg" alt="2018 OHIO MCE Graduate Student Stats" style="max-width:100%;" /></a></p><p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinemasters.ohio.edu" target="_blank">Ohio University </a></p>
Add This Infographic to Your Site
<p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinemasters.ohio.edu/blog/the-numbers-behind-ohios-mce-graduates/"><img src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/utep-uploads/wp-content/uploads/sparkle-box/2018/11/28034230/OUMBAMAAMCE_280769555_MCE-OneSheeter_1810_Web-FINAL-2.jpg" alt="OHIO MCE Student Testimonials 2018" style="max-width:100%;" /></a></p><p style="clear:both;margin-bottom:20px;"><a href="https://onlinemasters.ohio.edu" target="_blank">Ohio University </a></p>
Top reasons why students pursued the online MCE degree
- 44% — to expand their knowledge within the coaching industry
- 44% — to enhance their value in their current role
- 42% — to have the personal satisfaction of earning a degree
- 39% — to gain a competitive edge in the job market
- 30% — to gain an increase in salary
The future looks bright for OHIO’s online MCE graduates
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of athletic coaches is projected to grow by 13% from 2016 to 2026. Whether a volunteer or an athletic professional, OHIO’s online MCE degree will provide the foundation for preparing coaches to excel at all levels of competition.
- 70% of MCE graduates earn at least $50,000 or more annually
- 66% of MCE graduates have received increase in salary since completing the program
- 36% said that they now appear more competitive in the marketplace
- 50% said they gained a solid foundation of athletic administration
- 51% said the MCE helped enhance their value within their current role
- 80% gained the personal satisfaction of earning a degree
Our graduates have been recognized with
- Southwest Region Coach of the Year
- State Coach of the Year (x3)
- New England Soccer Journal’s Top 5 in Youth Soccer
Why choose OHIO’s online MCE program? Hear what our MCE grads are saying
- 94% of our online MCE graduates would recommend this program to others
- “I was really pleased with the program overall. I received a raise when I completed the halfway mark, and received a promotion shortly after completion. I really started it for personal satisfaction, but the benefits have been fantastic career-wise as well. Every step of the way I was supported by capable and willing people who I felt had my best interest at heart. Thanks to Ohio University for all the support, and all the learning.” – Greg Rollingson
- “The concepts studied in the MCE program at Ohio University offered research-based, data-driven practices to enhance the physical, psychological, and leadership knowledge I create for my athletes. The program expanded my abilities to organize a staff via the leadership classes, as well as fundraise and manage a budget through the finance classes. The program made me a more effective head coach.” – David DiDomenico
Ohio University’s Online Master of Coaching Education Program
Ohio University excels at preparing coaches for positions ranging from middle school athletics departments to college. Graduates of OHIO’s Master of Coaching Education program learn to increase athletic performance among athletes, as well as the leadership and technical skills required to coach a sports team.
Master of Coaching Education coursework includes leadership, management, and finance for coaches; injury prevention; performance and conditioning; ethics and diversity; and risk management. For more information on Ohio University’s online master’s in coaching education degree program, contact us today.