The Complete Engineering Resource Guide
The engineering industry can cover everything from city planning to software engineering and from building the smallest and largest structures. It is the diverse nature of the industry that draws so many intelligent minds into the field. Because each section of engineering is so vastly different, there are a variety of resources to suit each specialized division of the industry.
Ohio University’s online Master of Engineering Management prepares engineering leaders from any of the diverse engineering disciplines listed below, as well as from other technical degree backgrounds. This application-focused degree prepares engineers to apply leadership and management capabilities to lead technical teams from a variety of different backgrounds. For more information, please fill out the form on the right to learn more.
Also, please see below for additional resources several diverse disciplines within the vast field of engineering:
Aerospace engineering deals mostly with airborne structures and vehicles, such as airplanes and spacecrafts. Aerospace is the general term for the industry, while aeronautical deals specifically with crafts that stay within the Earth’s atmosphere and astronautical deals with crafts that fly outside of the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Resources in Aerospace Engineering: Compilation of books, papers, and websites for aerospace engineers.
- Rocket Scientists: Resources for aerospace engineers and rocket scientists.
- IL Toolkit – Aerospace Engineering: Military resource on publications and organizations for aerospace engineers.
- Paul L. Galvin Library for Aerospace Engineering: Resources from the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics: Professional organizations for those in the aerospace industry.
- Journal of Aerospace Engineering: Publication on the latest news and research in the industry.
Chemical engineering involves converting raw chemicals and materials into valuable forms. Nanotechnology and biochemistry fall into the chemical engineering umbrella.
- CheResources: Comprehensive resource site for chemical engineers.
- Internet Resources for Chemical Engineering: links on chemical engineering provides by the University of Delaware.
- Chemical Engineering Resources: a great compilation of journals, societies, and software for chemical engineers.
- Institution of Chemical Engineers: a community for chemical and biochemical engineers.
- Chemical Engineering: Group that provides white papers and hosts conferences in the chemical engineering industry.
- CACHE: A learning community for chemical engineers.
- Societies and Organizations in Chemical Engineering: Listing of national and international organizations.
A civil engineer designs and constructs the environment around us, including roads, bridges, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering has many subdivisions, including environmental engineering, construction engineering, and transportation engineering.
- Internet Resources of Civil Engineering Knowledge and Technology: News and job search information for civil engineers.
- Treasure of Civil Engineering Resources: Compilation information and resources on the different aspects of civil engineering.
- Internet Resources for Civil and Environmental Engineering: University of Delaware’s comprehensive collection of resources.
- American Society of Civil Engineers: Professional organization for civil engineers.
- Civil Engineering: Large list of resources on various sects of civil engineering.
- Civil Engineering News: Special section of Science Daily for the industry.
- Civil Engineering Magazine: Publication with the latest research on city and civil engineering.
Electrical engineering encompasses anything dealing with electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics. Fields such as power engineering and computer engineering also fall into this category.
- Internet Resources for Electrical and Computer Engineering: U of Delaware’s offerings for electrical engineers.
- Top 5 Electrical and Computer Engineering Resources: The best research resources as compiled by UCSD Libraries.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Comprehensive database of electrical engineering resources.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Guide: Drexel’s resource page for electrical engineers.
- BUBL – Electrical Engineering: Nice resource page of links and publications.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: One of the largest technical associations in the world.
- National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers: Professional organization for engineers in telecommunication sectors.
- EE Times: News and research for electrical engineers.
- Engineering by IEEE Spectrum: Flagship magazine for the world’s largest professional technology association.
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest engineering disciplines, and deals with mechanics, thermodynamics, and robotics. A mechanical engineer may design machine engines, generate schematics, or oversee the functions of equipment.
- GearHob: Mechanical design engineering resources.
- Internet Resources for Mechanical Engineering: Resources from the University of Delaware for mechanical engineering.
- iCrank: Portal of resources and information for mechanical engineers.
- Nerd Wide Web Mechanical Engineering Resources: Comprehensive list of mechanical engineering links.
- Mechanical Engineering Magazine: Ultimate news resource for the industry.